Easy Drug Card has been approved through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®) .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program. Earning approval through the .Pharmacy Program enabled Easy Drug Card to register a .pharmacy domain name for its website. A .pharmacy domain is part of a website’s address like “.com” or “.biz” easydrugcard.pharmacy), allowing consumers to more easily recognize the Easy Drug Card website as a trustworthy place to shop for or learn about prescription medications. In addition, because the “seal of approval” is in the website address, .pharmacy is a seal of safety that cannot be faked.
The .Pharmacy Program was created to provide consumers around the world with a means for easily identifying safe and legitimate pharmacies or pharmacy-related websites. Since .pharmacy is a verified domain, to be approved, domain applicants undergo an evaluation process based on 10 core safety standards.
According to NABP, out of the more than 11,500 websites selling prescription drugs that it has reviewed, only 4% follow pharmacy laws and standards established to protect the public health. In addition, 89% do not require a valid prescription, and half of the websites reviewed offer foreign or non-Food and Drug Administration-approved drugs, many of which may be dangerous counterfeits, to unsuspecting United States patients. Further, health and regulatory agencies in the US and abroad have reported cases of patients harmed by counterfeit, substandard, and adulterated medications distributed by rogue online drug sellers. Having a .pharmacy domain sets legitimate website operators apart from these rogue sites because NABP only approves those companies that adhere to pharmacy laws in the jurisdictions in which they are based and in which their patients and customers reside, so that consumers can easily find safe online pharmacies.
For more information about Easy Drug Card, visit easydrugcard.pharmacy. Additional information about the .Pharmacy Verified Websites Program, as well as information about buying medicine safely online, is available at www.safe.pharmacy.
- The Benefits of Regular Health Checkups - January 2, 2019
- What You Need to Know About the Flu - December 17, 2018
- Prescription Discount Cards: How Do They Work? - December 4, 2018
- Low Cost Prescriptions WITHOUT Insurance - October 29, 2018
- Get the Highest RX Discount Today - October 8, 2018
- Reasons Why a Pharmacist Can Refuse to Fill a Prescription - September 10, 2018
- Finding Nearby Pharmacies - September 5, 2018
- Pet Medications with Easy Drug Card - August 27, 2018
- The Importance of Sunscreen - July 16, 2018
- How to Reduce Pharmacy Costs Using Easy Drug Card - July 12, 2018