The Doctor will NOT see you now…
Have you ever experienced this scenario?
Your cold symptoms have gotten so bad that you’ve decided to call your doctor only to find out they’re out to lunch and can’t take your call for several hours. And when you do get through (2 hours later) to make an appointment, they’re all booked up for days. I’m sure you have been in some kind of situation like this, and so have I. I’m sick now, and getting worse. I know I’ve waited too long thinking I could beat this, but I need to see someone right away!
Pharmacies Fill-in the Gap
Pharmacy companies like Walgreens and CVS feel your pain and frustration and have decided to do something about it by opening clinics right in their stores. They know that the majority of those visits result in prescriptions being written—at least one to treat the infection and others to treat your symptoms.
These convenient clinics are staffed with physician’s assistants that can help diagnose your illness and get you the treatment you need. They follow strict protocols and can determine whether you simply need a prescription or need to see a doctor for additional care. If it is a life-threatening emergency, you need to call 911.
Better than the ER for Quick Service
The clinics can be a less expensive alternative to the Immediate Care facilities available in larger metro areas; plus, they have the added convenience of being in a pharmacy. Like most doctors’ offices, they take insurance. But unlike most doctors’ offices, they can see you without an appointment.
Speaking of convenience, you can get discounts on those prescriptions by using discount drug card. These cards are accepted at all the pharmacies that have those convenient clinics including Target, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, and many others. Print a free card and keep it in your wallet or purse so you have it available the next time you need it—you can even download one to your phone!
The doctor WILL see you now!
Take advantage of these clinic options whenever you can’t get in to see your regular physician, unless it is a life threatening emergency.
- Can A Pharmacist Refuse To Fill A Prescription? - June 20, 2017
- How Long Do You Have To Fill A Prescription? - June 8, 2017
- Tips for your Travel Medicine - June 1, 2017
- Health Insurance Options: Lost My Insurance - May 24, 2017
- Would You Know If You Had a Hernia?: Dr. Peter Rice - January 19, 2017
- Happy Holidays and Good Health! - December 23, 2016
- Free Easy Drug Card App to Save on Prescription Drugs! - December 11, 2015
- Habits — 3 Tips to Breaking Bad Eating Ones! - July 24, 2015
- Is Lyrica right for your Nerve Pain? Talk to your doctor - July 19, 2015
- 5 Ways to Save Money If You’re An Active Or Retired Member of the Military - July 15, 2015