Healthy Eating Tips!
How to get Back into the Groove of Healthy Eating
How many times have you said “I’m going to start my diet tomorrow..”? We all have. Often, this is because we don’t have a clear action plan.
“If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” – Anonymous
Here are some easy ways to get back into the habit of healthy eating.
- Clean out your kitchen.” Out of site out of mind” is a common saying for a reason. If chips, cookies, soda, etc are seen every time you walk in the kitchen, it gets increasingly difficult to make a healthy eating choice. Purging your kitchen of processed/packaged, “empty-calorie” foods will ensure that in your weakest moments, you won’t give in…because you won’t have the option ☺
- Re-stock your kitchen. Healthy eating should nourish your body. Stock up with natural, quick, options. Ex: Fresh fruit, nuts, plain yogurt/cottage cheese, hummus, raw veggies. If your only options are healthy ones, you’re guaranteed a good choice! ☺
- Drink water. The recommended amount is half your body weight in oz per day. Start with increasing your intake by 1 cup per day. Unsweetened, decaffeinated beverages such as herbal tea and sparkling water count. This helps stabilize blood sugar, detoxify your body and regulate hunger. It’s an easy healthy eating tip!
- Choose protein for healthy eating with every meal and snack. Your body burns more calories digesting protein, it keeps you satisfied longer AND it helps build/maintain lean muscle mass (which increases your caloric burn at rest).
- Eat HEALTHY fat. No one can stick to a plan when they’re hungry. Healthy fat initiates leptin production: the hormone that tells your body you’ve had enough to eat. Additionally, healthy fats (avocado, olive/coconut oil, nuts/seeds) add flavor and variety to meals! Another great healthy eating tip!
- Fill half of your plate with veggies. They provide phytonutrients to nourish as well as fiber and water to keep you full.
Now that you have a plan…there’s no excuse for tomorrow. Start today!
- Healthy Eating on a Budget - October 19, 2016
- Tips for a Gluten Free Diet! - October 13, 2016
- Celiac and Autoimmunity - October 10, 2016
- Afternoon Slump! What to Do? - October 5, 2016
- Flax: What’s Not to Love! - September 28, 2016
- Sugar: Tips to Decrease Your Sugar Intake - September 22, 2016
- Longevity: What are the Keys to Longevity? - September 21, 2016
- Vitamin D: Do You Get Enough? - September 14, 2016
- Nutrition Tip: Eat Your Pulses? What Does that Mean? - September 8, 2016
- Cultural Foods Part 2: Goat - September 1, 2016