Prescription Drugs Can Look and Sound Alike
Making mistakes with prescription drugs are very common. Often times mistakes happen when your doctor gives you a new prescription drug or prescribes a different dosage on your medication. It also can happen when the medications look or sound alike. Adverse reactions to your prescription drugs may result from a mistake from taking the incorrect medication or the wrong dosage.
Here are some Tips to Avoid Medication Errors with a Pill Identifier Tool:
For Example: These medications look alike.
|Drug Name: Hydrocodone Bitartartrate/Acetaminophen 325 MG TAB|
|Manufacturer: Mallinkrodt Inc Pharmaceuticals Group.
Drug Name: Ciprofloxin Hydrocholride 500 mg
Manufacturer: Bayer Healthcare Pharmceuticals, Inc.
These prescription names look similar and sound alike. It may be misinterpreted and confused by the pharmacist if the prescription is not written clearly.
|Drug Name: Cymbalta Drug Name: Symbyax|
Pill Identifier Solutions:
- Make sure you understand what is being prescribed by your doctor. Ask any questions until you are comfortable with the medication.
- Request a paper printout or have your prescription e-prescribed, meaning sent electronically by your provider.
- Check out the prescription vial, pill, or solution.Use our convenient pill identifier tool*.
- Go to our website easydrugcard.com and compare drug prices online. You can compare prices at various pharmacies to find the cheapest medication cost. Use the following link for our pill identifier and for individual prescription drug information:
Pill Identifier Tips:
- Ask Questions of your doctor or pharmacist.
- Check prescription to insure accuracy, dosage and drug.
- Write down notes from your doctor visit to make sure you know what you are supposed to be taking and how often.
- If something doesn’t seem correct, bring it up with your doctor.
Your doctor and pharmacist are there to help and assist you with your health. Make sure you utilize the resource!
- How to Get a Prescription Without Visiting a Doctor - July 29, 2020
- How Do Discount Drug Cards Work? - July 9, 2020
- 3 Tips on Pet Medications: At Your Local Pharmacy! - May 17, 2017
- Pill Identifier: Which One Do I Take? - April 8, 2016
- New Year’s Resolutions – Tips to Make them Stick! - January 1, 2016
- Happy Holidays! A Season of Gratitude with Family and Friends - December 25, 2015
- Family and Thanksgiving! - November 26, 2015
- 5 Tips to Handle Your Anxiety and Stress! - August 28, 2015
- Motivation – 5 Apps For People Who Just Can’t Get It! - August 13, 2015
- Meditation — 6 Easy Steps to Begin - July 21, 2015