Healthy Quick Snack Bars:
Quick Snacks: Healthy Bars
I always recommend eating whole foods when possible, but I’m well aware that life gets busy and there are times when we only have a few minutes to grab a quick bite. Though protein bars or granola bars might seem innocent, they often contain excessive amounts of added sugars in addition to a host of ingredients (most of which we can’t pronounce).
To take the “guess work” out, I’m highlighting some of my favorite bars that make for a healthy snack/meal replacement when you’re in a bind.
270calories, 18g protein, 6g fiber. These all natural, organic bars are derived mainly from nuts & seeds. Pair this with an apple or baby carrots for a meal replacement. GF*, DF*, SF*
Quest Bars –
170-190 calories, 20g protein, 14g fiber. The added fiber makes them very filling. These also could be a meal replacement when paired with fruit or veggies. They taste delicious! GF*, SF*
200kcal, 5g protein, 5g fiber. These mainly consist of nuts and are very low in sugar. There are both savory and sweet varieties. This is great snack to hold you over until your next meal. GF*, DF*
190 kcal, 14g protein, 7g fiber. These non-gmo very low sugar bars are packed with oats and grass-fed whey protein to keep you satisfied. This would be a great pre or post workout snack. GF*
These are my favorites because; in addition to tasting good, provide a combo of protein, healthy fat, and fiber to keep you satisfied.
Be prepared and make sure to have a bar or two in your car and/or purse just in case you’re tempted to go through the drive through.
*GF = Gluten Free
*DF = Dairy Free
*SF = Soy Free
- Health Benefits of Tuna - May 4, 2017
- Top Anti-Inflammatory Foods - April 24, 2017
- Oats: Have You Tried Them Lately? - April 17, 2017
- Healthier Energy Gel: Do It Yourself - April 10, 2017
- Health Benefits of Eggs: What Are They? - April 4, 2017
- Protein Bars Reviewed: Danielle, registered dietitian - March 29, 2017
- Tips for Healthy Protein Snacks - March 24, 2017
- Eating for Your Blood Type - March 20, 2017
- Chia Seeds: Post-workout snack - March 15, 2017
- Benefits of Oatmeal: Danielle, registered dietitian - March 9, 2017