Are you heading outside this weekend? The weather looks perfect, and it’s a great time to enjoy yourself outside. Before you go, though, don’t forget to put on your sunscreen.
I know, I know. Sunscreen can be annoying sometimes. It’s sticky or it smells funny or the spray gets in your eyes. Maybe you’re sensitive to it or you always forget to reapply it. However, sunscreen is worth the annoyance.
Why Wear Sunscreen?
When sunlight shines through our atmosphere and hits the earth, most of the damaging rays don’t even get to us. They are absorbed somewhere above us, on the long journey from the sun. However, a few of the rays that get through can still damage our skin.
These rays are called UVA and UVB rays. They are part of what causes the sun to feel so good, but they can also irreparably damage skin. Every time you get a sunburn, you damage your skin a little bit. Over time, this damage can compound to cause conditions like skin cancer. Bad sunburns can do a lot of skin damage in just a short amount of time.
How to Use Sunscreen
Sunscreen generally comes in two different forms. You either have a lotion, gel, or body butter that you rub onto your skin, or you have a bottle that you can use to spray it onto you.
The key is to make sure that you get total coverage. You need to get sunscreen on every part of you that may possibly be exposed to the sun. This means going under bathing suit straps and getting the back of your neck if your might put your hair up.
If you have a spray, you’ll need to read on the bottle about whether or not you need to rub the sunscreen in. Some sprays are made to be used without rubbing, while others still require it.
You’ll also want to be sure you reapply your sunscreen every hour that you’re outside, or every time you come out of the water. Even if the sunscreen says that it lasts all day or is waterproof, it’s better to be safe than sorry. Taking the time to reapply can mean the difference between a painful sunburn and happy skin.
Sunscreen may be annoying, but using it could also save your life. Using it wisely can help you enjoy the outdoors and live well, too.
- Get the Highest RX Discount Today - October 8, 2018
- Reasons Why a Pharmacist Can Refuse to Fill a Prescription - September 10, 2018
- Finding Nearby Pharmacies - September 5, 2018
- Pet Medications with Easy Drug Card - August 27, 2018
- The Importance of Sunscreen - July 16, 2018
- How to Reduce Pharmacy Costs Using Easy Drug Card - July 12, 2018
- The Top 10 Items to Keep in Your Medicine Cabinet - July 9, 2018
- Bulk Discount Prescription Cards - July 2, 2018
- How To Check Drug Prices Online - June 11, 2018
- 3 Reasons to Use a Prescription Discount Card - June 7, 2018