How long does CVS hold prescriptions for?
Like most pharmacies, CVS will hold your prescription for up to 2 days before cancelling your order and returning the medication to stock.
When your prescription order is originally filled at the pharmacy the pharmacist or pharmacy tech will adjudication your claim through your insurance company or drug card to find out what your out-of-pocket cost will be. Failure to pick up your prescription will require them to cancel your order as well by reversing the claim electronically. It can be somewhat time consuming for a pharmacy to cancel orders that are not picked up and causes delays to their normal operations.
Most pharmacies will call you as a reminder to pick up your prescription so make sure they have your phone number on file.
Even at the large chain pharmacies like Walgreens and CVS, you will need to pick up your prescription at the pharmacy you originally selected. Unless it’s absolutely necessary, calling the pharmacy to switch locations may be allowed but will certainly cause delays.
You can have a friend or family member pick up your prescription for you however they must verify that they are involved in your immediate care.
Make sure you know the patient’s date of birth.
- The Benefits of Regular Health Checkups - January 2, 2019
- What You Need to Know About the Flu - December 17, 2018
- Prescription Discount Cards: How Do They Work? - December 4, 2018
- Low Cost Prescriptions WITHOUT Insurance - October 29, 2018
- Get the Highest RX Discount Today - October 8, 2018
- Reasons Why a Pharmacist Can Refuse to Fill a Prescription - September 10, 2018
- Finding Nearby Pharmacies - September 5, 2018
- Pet Medications with Easy Drug Card - August 27, 2018
- The Importance of Sunscreen - July 16, 2018
- How to Reduce Pharmacy Costs Using Easy Drug Card - July 12, 2018