How Many Days Early Can You Fill A Prescription?
If you’re using EasyDrugCard, you can fill a prescription early at any pharmacy for the same medication even if you still have a supply of medication on hand. That’s the benefit of using our discount drug card – there are no restrictions or refill too soon limitations.
If you have a prescription at your local pharmacy you can get a refill at any time when using the EasyDrugCard prescription drug discount card. Unlike insurance, there are no early refill restrictions because you are paying the full discounted price yourself – not your insurance company.
If you lost, accidentally destroyed, misplaced, or you simply would like to get an additional supply of your medication before you consumed it all you can get another prescription from your physician’s office to replace it.
If you are having trouble finding a pharmacy, you can use our Find a Pharmacy tool to help you locate one that you can use with our discount prescription card.
Unlike health insurance, there are no “refill too soon” restrictions preventing you from getting additional medication except for schedule II controlled substances.
There are filling restrictions regardless of using insurance or a discount drug card on schedule II controlled substances. According to the U.S. Department of Justice Drug Enforcement Administration website:
“Prescriptions for schedule II controlled substances cannot be refilled. A new prescription must be issued. Prescriptions for schedules III and IV controlled substances may be refilled up to five times in six months. Prescriptions for schedule V controlled substances may be refilled as authorized by the practitioner.”
Schedule II controlled substances are highly regulated to prevent abuse or harm and have reporting requirements to the DEA by pharmacies. Examples of Schedule II narcotics include: hydromorphone (Dilaudid), methadone (Dolophine), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin, Percocet), and fentanyl (Sublimaze, Duragesic). Other Schedule II narcotics include: morphine, opium, and codeine.
Remember, when using EasyDrugCard’s prescription drug discount card there are no limitations or restrictions like there are with health insurance.
- Get the Highest RX Discount Today - October 8, 2018
- Reasons Why a Pharmacist Can Refuse to Fill a Prescription - September 10, 2018
- Finding Nearby Pharmacies - September 5, 2018
- Pet Medications with Easy Drug Card - August 27, 2018
- The Importance of Sunscreen - July 16, 2018
- How to Reduce Pharmacy Costs Using Easy Drug Card - July 12, 2018
- The Top 10 Items to Keep in Your Medicine Cabinet - July 9, 2018
- Bulk Discount Prescription Cards - July 2, 2018
- How To Check Drug Prices Online - June 11, 2018
- 3 Reasons to Use a Prescription Discount Card - June 7, 2018