New Year’s Resolutions – Tips to Make them Stick!
New Year’s Resolutions
As the year winds down the inevitable conversation turns to New Year’s Resolutions.
Do you remember what your resolutions were from this last year? Was it to lose weight…but gained five instead? Begin an exercise program or exercise more frequently…but you only made it into the gym last winter? Your list may be long.
How is it that we set these lofty goals that we are excited about and then barely make it to January 15th? All the setting doesn’t work if it doesn’t become a habit.
Here is an easy, simple method way to successfully set up a resolution for this New Year.
Commit to a resolution to simply improve from last year.
That may seem like a weak goal, but listen up, it works. What does it even mean? Focus your attention on being intentional about your life. Be a little better at your friendships, activities, family relationships, work, and health than the previous year.
Being intentional means to be aware of yourself and others.
- Listen more carefully to your family when they talk to you.
- Put down your electronic device and listen.
- Be intentional about showing a little kindness to someone you interact with at work or at a store or the representative on the phone.
- Show more understanding to your friends and loved ones when they don’t “measure up to your expectations”.
Be more conscious of your health and wholeness.
- Follow your physician’s advice.
- Get the sleep you need and take the time to relax and be still.
- Focus on the beautiful day and be grateful for those around you.
- If you are conscious of being a good listener, it will come back to you with stronger relationships.
- Overall, be a little gentler with yourself and throw away those critical voices you hear.
There are many ways you can set reminders for yourself to be more intentional. There are apps, calendars, notes, etc. to use so that you don’t forget what is important to you.
Every day is a new opportunity to begin fresh and be a little more intentional.
Each day is similar to a new year; it starts fresh and is full of new possibilities.
- Pill Identifier: Which One Do I Take? - April 8, 2016
- New Year’s Resolutions – Tips to Make them Stick! - January 1, 2016
- Happy Holidays! A Season of Gratitude with Family and Friends - December 25, 2015
- Family and Thanksgiving! - November 26, 2015
- 5 Tips to Handle Your Anxiety and Stress! - August 28, 2015
- Motivation – 5 Apps For People Who Just Can’t Get It! - August 13, 2015
- Meditation — 6 Easy Steps to Begin - July 21, 2015
- National Safety Awareness Month - June 24, 2015
- National Physical Fitness and Sports Month - June 8, 2015
- Do I go to the Doctor or Not???? - May 29, 2015